Check out the links below for our Cherry Park Talent Show and End of Year SlideShow:
Covid-19 relief resources
A few words from our principal:
Dear Cherry Park Community,
The death of George Floyd and others before him have left many of us reeling, hurting, and searching for answers. Although words cannot adequately convey the way we are feeling, I wanted to take a moment to let you know how seriously we take our responsibility to help and impact change at Cherry Park. As we continue to watch the division across the country with sadness and pain, I want to share my deepest condolences with the many families and communities who have been impacted by this tragedy. We recognize that the effect felt this week is not isolated to one situation. Our country has experienced far too many moments of racism that continue to emphasize how much work there is to be done.
We wish we could be with our students, in person, to process this important time in our nation’s history. We know that the injustices in our society affect our students, our city, our country, and our world. We also know that our response as educators can help shape informed and thoughtful actions among our students. At Cherry Park, diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values and we are committed to continue conversations, listen intently, and grow as educators and humans.
Since we are separated from our students right now, we’d like to offer some resources on how you can support and talk with your children about what is happening in our world. I’ve also included some resources on how your children can learn and engage with others.
How to Talk with Your Kids:
Teaching Ideas and Resources to Help Students Make Sense of the George Floyd Protests:
· The New York Times’ Learning Network shared an article about the protests, along with discussion questions, and opened comments for students to share their opinion.
Talking About Race:
· The Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture launched an online portal called Talking About Race that’s designed to help steer conversations about racism, racial identity, and the way these forces shape every aspect of society.
Our Cherry Park motto is “Everyone Growing.” This includes every student and every staff member. I’ll be the first to say that I have so much to learn and I humbly ask for your guidance on how we can better serve our community. We hope to continue to grow as anti-racist people and support our students and our greater community. I am personally committed to learn and lead our staff in examining our practices and efforts to dismantle systemic racism. We will continue to lead with our own Cherry Park equity team, which includes parents, community partners, and educators, and also follow our district equity plans to guide our efforts to continue to unpack our own biases and facilitate healthy, loving, and equitable practices.
At our school, we appreciate the gift of our diversity, and we stand with you as we humbly strive toward equity for our students and families of color. Our hearts and minds are with our school community during this challenging time. We are here for you.
Cherry Park Principal
Students who are age 5 on or before September 1 are eligible for enrollment in kindergarten. So if you have, or know of, a child who is 5 or will be 5 before September 1, please register the child soon. We are looking forward to meeting some of our youngest learners.
The link to kindergarten registration is here: Registration and Enrollment
We are incredibly fortunate to be able to provide FREE morning or afternoon preschool to three and four-year-olds who live within the Cherry Park boundaries. We have limited spots for up to 68 children.
- 2020-2021 Information
- Please see an overview of our preschool by clicking: Overview of Cherry Park Preschool
- Our preschool is currently accepting applications for the 2020-2021 school year. Please click Preliminary Preschool Application to apply.
- If you have a new student, there will be a more in-depth application once we determine who is accepted.
- If you have a child that is currently a student in our preschool this is all you’ll need to do to secure your spot. YOU MUST FILL OUT THIS APPLICATION IF YOU WANT TO CONTINUE.
- If you attended our preschool during the 19/20 school year.
- The order of receipt of a completed preliminary application.
- The balance of other factors including age, gender, etc.
We are excited to welcome new students to Cherry Park. Please click this link and follow the instructions: 1st-5th Registration